This holiday season, on behalf of SageWest, we want to extend our heartfelt appreciation to our community for your uplifting messages and continual support during this year’s pandemic.
This year, our providers and staff met many challenges again and again with fortitude, grace, and compassion demonstrating their commitment to the health and safety of our patients, our community, and each other. We are grateful to our team for the many successes we have achieved in 2020, some of those include:
- Named one of the nation’s top 100 rural and community hospitals for 2020 by Chartis Center for Rural Health, for the second year in a row
- Launched central scheduling, providing a convenient, one-stop source for patients and providers to call.
- Lease agreement with Community Health Center of Central Wyoming in Riverton.
- Extended partnership with Medical Imaging Associates (MIA) for expanded radiology expertise in mammography, nuclear, ultrasound, and other modalities at both hospital campuses.
- Awarded CARES grants and capital investments to upgrade our nurse call system, Xenex robots to cleanse our hospital campuses, specialty beds for bariatric patients, renovate the medical office building (MOB) lobby, ventilators, vapotherms, PAPRs, intubation equipment, vital sign machines, patient transport van, iPads for patients who are in long term isolation, ICU negative air pressure, lab testing and IT equipment.
- Completed construction of a new cardiac cath lab and providing cardiac services for the first time in decades.
- Addition of 3D mammography services to our Riverton campus, providing more effective detection of breast cancer and is MQSA certified accreditation in mammography by the American College of Radiology.
- During the past year, 18 providers joined SageWest this year growing health care services close to home.
As our SageWest employees, providers, board members, and volunteers celebrate these successes, let us acknowledge what a privilege it is to continue to make a meaningful difference in the lives of our family, friends, and neighbors.
With your help, we have navigated a difficult road together and I know we will persevere through the end of this pandemic.
We wish you all a joyous holiday season and a happy New Year.