Paid PSA from the Fremont County Solid Waste Disposal District.
Public Service Announcement: The Fremont County Solid Waste Disposal District remains open to provide disposal options for waste and recycling items. Solid waste services are deemed essential and these services avoid the creation of a human health and safety threat. With that said, please keep a few things in mind when utilizing one of the District’s landfills, transfer stations and/or recycling facilities:
- Absolutely, do not come to any of the District’s sites if you are feeling poorly or if you have been sick. Further, absolutely do not visit any of the District’s sites if you have not allowed 72-hours of time to have elapsed since you have had a fever or any of the symptoms of COVID-19.
- If possible, use a credit or debit card to assist with minimizing exchanging items with District scale operators. Please be aware that these staff members communicate and exchange items with multiple hundreds of customers every workday.
- Avoid creating a congregational situation and maintain a 6-ft personal space distance whenever possible.
- Be patient and respectful to all staff members as they are working to do their best.
- Consider hiring a commercial waste hauler during this sensitive time for our country in an attempt to reduce traffic at the facilities.
- Be considerate of District staff and other customers by making each trip count, avoiding multiple trips each day.
- And remember, the District may adopt operational changes, including access limitations and services, as necessary to be protective of staff and other members of the public.