Sheriff Ryan Lee shared the following updates at the Fremont County Commissioners’ meeting today.
- 233 bookings total
- RPD – 107
- FCSO – 74
- LPD – 44
- WHP – 7
- USM -1
Inmate population as of today:
- Critical capacity at the detention center
- 203 in custody
- 182 in house
- 17 housed in different counties
In custody death:
- 1 inmate was found dead on August 31st of an apparent suicide (no other details released as it is still under investigation)
Search & Rescue:
- 24 search and rescue operations so far in 2019, compared to 19 at this time last year.
- Missions have decreased in August.
- Preparing for hunting season.
Home Detention Program:
- 1 inmate will hopefully be in this program this week.
- Will help with overcrowding issues at detention center.