Fremont County School District #14 will receive computer science education grant funds
The Wyoming Department of Education (WDE) is one of nine selected recipients for the nationwide Perkins Innovation and Modernization Grant Program. According to WDE, this grant will implement the ‘Boot Up Wyoming’ initiative to bring Computer Science and computational thinking to every Wyoming classroom by 2022.
There are eight partners with WDE who will be receiving the grant funds within Wyoming including Fremont County School District #14. WDE will receive $489,714 over the next three years. It is not clear how that will be shared among the eight partners.
Content continues below[adrotate group="12"]
County 10 reached out to FCSD #14 about plans for the funds within the district but have not heard back yet. We will share info when we do.
The other partners with WDE receiving funding include:
- Carbon County School District #1
- Uinta County School District #1
- University of Wyoming
- Wyoming Professional Teaching Standards Board
- Wyoming Workforce Development Council
- Computer Science Teachers Association, Wyoming Chapter
- American Institutes for Research