POSITION: Accounts Payable/Grants Manager
LOCATION: District Administration
SCHEDULE: Full-time, 12-month position
APPLY BY: March 3, 2021
The job of Accounts Payable/Grants Manager is done for the purpose/s of providing support to the educational process with specific responsibility for ensuring efficient management of the District’s purchasing department; executing District purchasing activities in compliance with established requirements; managing the day-to-day operation of the consolidated and related grants; ensuring the district is in compliance with all federal and state grant requirements; overseeing daily activities; maintaining accurate account balances; assuring the educational community that expenditures focus on the needs of the students; and achieving Department objectives and District mission within budget.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists auditors (e.g. provides requested documentation and information on internal processes, etc.) for the purpose of supporting and completing the audit process.
- Compiles statistical and financial data from a wide variety of sources (e.g. vendors, staff, public agencies, SUI Program, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring compliance with a wide variety of purchasing policies and procedures, and analyzing and advising the Business Manager regarding concerns and/or non-compliance issues.
- Demonstrates ability to work with confidential and time sensitive matters for the purpose of meeting the needs of the work unit.
- Develops and writes the Consolidated Grant based on direction from the Superintendent and others for the purpose of ensuring grant application is complete.
- Displays exceptional organizational skills, detail oriented and self-motivated for the purpose of meeting goals of the work unit.
- Evaluates vendors for the purpose of determining their capability of performing to established specifications and advising the business manager of any concerns.
- Maintains accurate records for purchase card and purchase order programs for the purpose of ensuring availability of documentation and reconciliation.
- Maintains district documentation relevant to state and federal reporting for the purpose of meeting Consolidated Grant requirements.
- Monitors the implementation of the activities required for the purpose of fulfilling the Consolidated Grant.
- Oversees submission and coordination of the Consolidated Grant for the purpose of insuring grant compliance.
- Participates in a variety meetings and trainings (e.g. in-service training, workshops, staff meetings, etc.) for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills for the purpose of working effectively with employees, vendors, and other contacts.
- Prepares a variety of written materials and electronic financial information for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, conveying information, and complying with established financial, legal, and/or administrative requirements.
- Presents a variety of information (e.g. administrative procedures, services, regulations, etc.) for the purpose of training and orienting other personnel and/or disseminating information to appropriate recipients.
- Processes purchase related information (e.g. tabulations, purchase orders, requisitions, payable, product specifications, statements of work, performance terms, invoices, etc.) for the purpose of updating and distributing information, authorizing for action, and/or complying with established accounting practices.
- Provides monthly accounting of all expenditures/bills for the purpose of approval by the Board of Trustees for payment.
- Responds to inquiries from a variety of internal and external sources (e.g. vendors, principals, teachers, food service staff , etc.) for the purpose of providing information, direction, and/or appropriate referrals.
- Supports development of the Perkins grant and related reports for the purpose of meeting grant requirements.
- Thinks logically and systematically with a Districtwide perspective for the purpose of successfully carrying out the requirements of the position.
- Understands educational data conventions and how the elements of data connect at a district and state level for the purpose of carrying out the requirements of the position to the highest level.