In less than 2 weeks, the Empty Bowl Fundraiser will fill our stomachs and our hearts
Volunteers of America (VOA) will hold their annual Empty Bowl event, Thursday, October 24, from 5:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. at the Fremont County Fairgrounds (1010 Fairgrounds Dr, Riverton, Wyoming 82501).
“The evening will be a wonderful way to not only raise money, but to raise awareness for those in need throughout our community. Volunteers of America would like to thank the Empty Bowl major sponsors, Bailey Enterprises, First Interstate Bank and Hi Mountain Seasonings, as well as all of the other sponsors who make Empty Bowl a success,” said Bob Mazgaj, Chief Development Officer for Volunteers of America. “We will have live music and games for kids while enjoying gourmet soups and taking home unique bowls.”
“The goal of the night is to highlight the extraordinary role each of us can play in empowering those less fortunate to build healthy and happy lives. Throughout 2018, VOA provided services to 10,049 individuals and families and with the continued support from communities we will serve even more in 2019 and beyond,” Bob Mazgaj added.
All funds raised at Empty Bowl go to Volunteers of America’s services in the Fremont County community.
Tickets for the event are available at the door with costs of $30 for families (two adults and two kids), $15 for adults, and $5 for kids; children five and under are free. Or you can save $5 on each adult or family ticket by purchasing them in advance at the Riverton Chamber of Commerce (213 W Main St #3462). The addition of pre-sale tickets will help get folks into the event more quickly, so that even more people can enjoy the community event.
How do I become a “Soup Donor”?
2. A soup menu will be available for each guest at the Empty Bowl. This soup menu will provide the table number, soup type, and donor for each soup! If the type of soup changes, please inform Allison Hunn by October 18th.
3. There is limited space for roasters and croc pots at the venue due to electrical and outlet limitations. Inform Allison Hunn of the number of roasters/croc pots you plan to bring to the event. Chafing dishes are a great idea and solution! You must bring a heating source for your soup.
4. Do not bring extension cords or power strips. VOA will provide all cords.
5. Arrive at the Fremont County Fairgrounds with your warm/hot soup on October 24th by 4pm. We will serve soup between 5:00pm and 7:00pm.
6. Check-in at the soup table to receive your assigned table number and serving location.
7. A label with your name and soup type will be provided at your serving table.
How can I give more?
YOU can become a sponsor of the Empty Bowl! Each donation comes with tickets to the event and recognition on marketing material. There are levels, each with different perks! To find out how you can be a sponsor, contact Evan Abla at firstname.lastname@example.org.
OR do you have some cool bowls lying around the house? Donations of bowls will be accepted! Half the fun is seeing the wide variety of bowls that are gathered throughout the year and given out the night of the event. If you would like to donate bowls, you can drop them off at the County 10 offices at 2255 Brunton Court, Suite A, in Riverton.
Volunteers of America is committed to extending a hand up to those in need,
WE ARE HERE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE.