FCSD #25 needs subs! An Emergency COVID Provisional Substitute Permit is now available

Fremont County School District #25 is in need of subs for several positions in the school system. An Emergency COVID Provisional Substitute Teacher Permit is now available. The school district will help new candidates obtain a substitute permit with the state; this permit is required to become a substitute teacher in Wyoming.

There are two paths that a candidate can use to acquire a sub permit:

  1. If you have at least 60 college credit hours or an Associates’ degree, you can apply for a Substitute permit and be able to substitute for us as soon as PTSB has verified that they have a clear background report on you. That application is found at https://wyomingptsb.com/portfolio-items/permits/. We will reimburse and pay you as listed below. If you do apply via this route, please provide a copy of your application to us so we can track that with PTSB.
  2. There are OTHER options to acquire a sub permit even if you don’t have college credits: The COVID-EA application can be found at https://wyomingptsb.com/.
  • Training by FCSD #25 staff will be provided to the selected candidates (date and time TBD)
  • We will reimburse for the cost of the permit and background check AND pay you a $100 sign-on bonus after you have satisfactorily subbed for us for at least 20 days.
  • Under this emergency provisional license, the sub can meet their classroom observation requirements while actually subbing. This can lead to your being able to acquire a full sub permit

What is Needed for Me to Become a Substitute Teacher?

  • A complete and clear local, state, and federal background check
  • A high school diploma or equivalent
  • Satisfactory completion of all training sessions offered by and required by the district (there is no guarantee of work, you would be called “as-needed” as long as your performance is satisfactory)
  • We ask that you prioritize subbing for FCSD #25 ONLY for a period of 3 months following the award of your sub permit
  • Submit and initially pay for your sub permit

Substitutes Can:

  • Substitutes are contacted as-needed when a teacher or paraprofessional is not able to complete an assigned workday.
  • Work only on the days you want to
  • Work as much or as little as you want to
  • Choose which assignments you want (grade levels, specific schools, etc.)

Our teachers work hard to help their subs be prepared; they plan lessons and activities for the subs to conduct in their absences. We have strong behavior guidelines and practices. We are very grateful for our subs and what they do for us.

Sub Teacher is $110/day – $ 150/day depending on your credentials. Subs may also be needed to cover paraprofessional needs: that pay is $13.15/hour or $13.41/hour depending on the accepted assignment.

Contact Esther (eosorio@fremont25.org)or Karen (kwardner@fremont25.org) or call us at 307-856-9407 to get a brief application to be added to the list for training or if you have any questions.

Related Posts

Have a news tip or an awesome photo to share?