Eclipse Tips: City of Riverton
Coverage of the August 2017 solar eclipse and related events is brought to you by Shoshone Rose Casino and Hotel.
(Riverton, Wyo.) – Some residents of Fremont County have been preparing for The Great American Eclipse for as long as two years, while others may not feel the need to go to great lengths to do so. For the benefit of those of us who may be in the dark, Riverton Interim City Administrator Courtney V. Bohlender offered some tips to Riverton Residents this week at an open City Council Meeting.
- Plan For Extended Travel Times: If you think that you can go from Smith’s to City Hall in seven minutes like you usually do, you may be in for a surprise. Bohlender suggests that citizens car pool and/or ride a bicycle when possible.
- Don’t Rely on Cell Phones: Don’t rely on your cell phone. Nobody knows whether or not cell phone service is going to be dependable, Bohlender suggests limiting use as much as possible.
- Purchase Consumables Ahead of Time: Gas up and buy groceries ahead of time. We can’t expect people from Canada or Bavaria, Germany (there are confirmed bookings in Riverton from Bavaria, Germany by the way) to show up with a full tank of gas and without the need to buy groceries. Bohlender suggests that citizens put visitors at the front of the line when possible.
- Purchase Eclipse Glasses Soon: Eclipse glasses are available at many businesses throughout Riverton.
- Get Informed: Bohlender encourages citizens and ambassadors to obtain as much information ahead of time as possible.