Don’t forget the 5 Reasons to Run SageWest’s 5K For Food tomorrow
SageWest has partnered with the Christian Food Storehouse for a 5K to help feed hungry people in our area. The race is Saturday, June 17 and begins on the front lawn of SageWest in Riverton.
The Christian Food Storehouse is a local organization and for 35 years they have dedicated time 5 days a week to feed the hungry. Turning no family down the Storehouse requires no proof of income. The food for the Storehouse comes from monetary donations as well as donations from stores such as Smiths, Safeway, and Wal-mart. The food is then put in boxes and you can go in and pick up whatever box you want.
Christian Food Storehouse is located in Riverton 219 N. 3rd East and opens at 2:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. At the beginning of the month, they serve about 30 families a day, and the number grows to about 70 families a day by the end of the month.
SageWest is eager to partner with the Christian Storehouse to assist those people in need in our communities.
If you’re looking for a couple reasons to run/walk SageWest’s 5K For Food, here’s 5.
- All proceeds from the 5K are given to the Christian Food Storehouse to serve those hungry people of our community.
- By running/walking you are helping a hungry family in the area.
- Partner with SageWest to serve those in need in our community.
- Free lunch and celebration after the 5K; you can head to Jaycee Park when the race is over to enjoy free food, drinks, and activities for the entire family provided by Classic Air Medical.
- You get to exercise. Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy.
Registration starts at 9:30 a.m. and the race begins at 10. Registration is $25 per individual and $100 for a team of six or less. You can call (307) 857-5243 for more information.
Click Here for more information and a registration form.
Be sure to come run or walk and give back to your community.