The Accounting Technician I, Cashier provides outstanding customer service while performing a variety of complex clerical and financial support duties as needed for the processing of all college cash receipts, including tuition, fees, and general cash transactions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as primary customer service contact and liaison between students and the business office, responding to inquiries and directing calls and in-person customers as appropriate.
- Assist students in understanding their account balances, etc.
- Disburses and maintains accurate records of housing students’ meal money, apprises students of meal plan balance/needs; informs housing of delinquent accounts.
- Processes cash receipts for student accounts, ensures proper posting to student accounts.
- Provide customer service to staff and visitors.
- Processes revenue receipts, checks, EFT’s, grants and daily deposits for WPBS, food services, college coffee shop, athletics, housing, theatre and other departments as required; processes payments received from outreach offices; processes revenue from the library, housing, Sinks Canyon Center, Theatre, booster club, etc.
- Processes credit card transactions.
- Performs daily reconciliation of transactions, cash drawer, and receipts, ensuring cash and receipts are accounted for and deposited properly; prepares daily deposit and generates monthly sales report for the food court and coffee bar; generates banking and transaction reports.
- Maintains adequate amounts of cash and change for college auxiliary operations, i.e., coffee shop, food court; issues cash boxes with start-up cash for fund raisers, gate sales (volleyball & basketball games); processes petty cash reimbursements as required; reconciles Web Cash with general ledger and Pay Pal settlement reports as necessary.
- Reviews credit card statements after processing for accuracy.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Prepares documentation and answers questions for auditors as well as knowledge of best business practices and awareness of our standards.
- Graduation from college with an associate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning recognized by the US Department of Education bookkeeping, accounting, general finance or related field
- Three years of directly related experience
- Equivalency Statement
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired may be considered on a case-by-case basis
- Special Qualifications
- Must be bondable
- 2 years of direct experience in a cashier or similar type role
- Bachelor’s degree in bookkeeping, accounting, general finance or related field
- Experience with Ellucian Colleague (Datatel)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of:
- Current basic accounting or bookkeeping
- General office maintenance and practices
- Filing systems (alpha and numeric)
- Word processing, database, presentation, and spreadsheet applications, specifically Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Datatel (Ellucian Colleague ERP)
- Letter composition, grammar, spelling and punctuation; operation of personal computer
- Operation of standard office equipment
- Basic mathematics
- Interpersonal communication skills and telephone etiquette
- Basic public relations
- Basic budget development practices and processes
- Skill in:
- The operation of PC Computer, calculator, fax machine, ten-key by touch etc.
- Customer and interpersonal relations.
- Ability to:
- Provide exceptional customer services and to accurately, efficiently, and effectively work with numerical data
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing; relate in a professional, helpful manner in person and over the phone
- Relate to a diverse population in a professional, helpful manner and to maintain composure when faced with difficult situations
- Multi-task and organize, prioritize, and follow multiple projects and tasks through to completion with an attention to detail
- Work independently with frequent interruptions
- Effectively identify and resolve problems related to every-day administrative operations
- Perform basic mathematical calculations; maintain strict confidentiality related to sensitive administrative information
- Operate personal computer (windows) in utilizing various programs (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.) to produce or compose formal documents, reports and records
- Operate standard office equipment
- Effectively identify and resolve problems related to assigned fiscal duties
- Develop effective working relationships with executives, supervisors, employees, and the public.
Level of Supervision
Works under the general supervision of the Director of Finance.
Reasonable accommodation will be extended to otherwise qualified individuals with a legally recognized disability.
- Equipment Used
- Standard office equipment including personal computer, calculator, fax machine, ten-key calculator by touch, phone pod, scanners, copy machine, and telephone.
- Physical Requirements
- Tasks require variety of physical activities, which do not generally involve muscular strain, such as walking, standing, stooping, sitting, reaching and light lifting. Frequent interactions with the public are required as a part of operating the cashier’s window. Regular talking, hearing and seeing required in the normal course of performing the job. Common eye, hand, finger dexterity required to perform some essential functions. Mental application utilizes memory for details, verbal instructions, emotional stability, discriminating thinking and creative problem solving.
- Environmental Conditions
- Incumbent of the position generally performs in a typical office setting with appropriate climate controls.
CWC is an Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.
$15.47 – $16.84
To apply, click here.