Job Location: 2660 Peck Ave, Riverton, WY
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
**For full consideration please submit your application by the initial review date of November 08, 2021. Attach a current Resume/CV and a Cover Letter. Resume/CV and Cover Letter can either be attached as a .docx or.pdf or listed in the space provided in the application. If documents are attached, just list “see attachment” in the space provided in the application. For assistance, please email [email protected] or call 307-855-2112.**
The Wyoming PBS Producer – Public Affairs is responsible for producing public affairs programming and social media-related content consistent with the vision and mission of Wyoming PBS and Central Wyoming College.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with station management and other members of the production team to plan and develop local television programs, including concept, budget development, research, scripting, writing, shooting, directing, conducting on-camera interviews and editing of field and studio
- Work with other members of the production team to coordinate live multi-camera television programming from various locations including; reviewing audio, scenes, music timing and camera work.
- Serve as the on-camera host and interviewer for Wyoming PBS’ public affairs
- Provide production coordination for assigned projects, including planning meetings, preparing program outlines, working on grant proposals, contacting consultants, arranging for on-camera talent, assisting in the development of web
- Work with the Promotions manager to develop promotional materials including providing assistance in writing press releases, occasionally making public appearances to promote projects and if needed, serve in on-camera appearances (as in pledge events)
- Manage Wyoming PBS Twitter account and assist with other social media platforms as needed.
- Establish project time-line and work with all parties involved to ensure that intermediate deadlines are met and that programs are delivered on
- Complete related paperwork such as clearances, releases, travel, facilities and equipment
- Assist other members of the production crew with set up and tear down of remote shoots, when time
- Operate within the guidelines set forth in the College’s policies, procedures and
- Perform other reasonably related duties as directed or
- Bachelor’s degree in broadcast journalism or a related field from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning recognized by the S. Department of Education.
- Five (5) years of related television programming and production
- Possess or maintain a valid driver’s license and be insurable by the college’s insurance
- Equivalency Statement
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired may be considered on a case-by-case
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of broadcasting, journalism and the production of television content for multiple media platforms.
- Considerable knowledge and ability to use the both written and spoken English, including spelling, grammar, diction, vocabulary, sentence structure and paragraph
- Must have a comfortable and engaging on camera
- Ability to keep track of multiple projects concurrently and meet daily and weekly deadlines, sometimes with little
- Ability to coordinate and oversee studio, field and post production activities related to assigned projects with other members of the production team.
- Ability to produce a show or project through all phases of production including concept, research, development, scripting, directing, shooting, editing, etc.
- Must be organized, responsible and accurate with an attention to
- Must work well in a collaborative team centered
Level of Supervision
Works under the general supervision of the Production Services Manager.
Reasonable accommodation will be extended to otherwise qualified individuals with a legally recognized disability.
- Equipment Used
- Desktop computer, telephone, laptop computer, editing software, video and audio production Automobile.
- Physical Requirements
- Must have sufficient visual acuity to be able to view television programming for appropriate, color, contrast and composition. Must have sufficient auditory acuity to be able to listen to television audio programming for quality and Must be ambulatory to the extent that walking a considerable distance over uneven terrain and up and down stairs would not be excessively difficult. Must have the ability to operate an automobile safely. Must be able to lift and carry recording and audio equipment weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Environmental Conditions
- Position is eligible for “Permanent Telecommuting” status where residency in Fremont County is not required. However, the Producer may be required to come to the Wyoming PBS office for meetings and training. Should the Producer be required to come to Wyoming PBS, expenses would be reimbursed.
- Work is primarily performed in an office setting however occasionally requires work in remote locations which may not be accessible by motor vehicle and would require the ability to walk moderate distances over uneven terrain and climb steps.
CWC is an Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.
$51,597.00 – $58,047.00
To apply, click here.