2660 Peck Ave Riverton, Wyoming
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
**This position is open until filled with an initial application review date of May 2, 2022, please attach a current resume/CV and a Cover Letter. Resume/CV and Cover Letter can either be attached as a .docx or.pdf or listed in the space provided in the application. If documents are attached, just list “see attachment” in the space provided in the application. For assistance, please email [email protected] or call 307-855-2112. **
The Student Recruiter is primarily responsible for implementing the College’s recruitment plan through travel and attendance at recruiting events and activities as well as utilizing the Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) to follow up with students according to the workflow plans. This position is responsible for developing relationships within the community and is also required to act as an ambassador of CWC.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates student recruitment efforts for high school visits, college fairs, and special programs, requiring frequent, regular travel throughout Wyoming and surrounding states
- Advises prospective students regarding the college’s admissions, scholarships, financial aid, housing, and academic programs
- Presents prospective students with information on the college’s student life activities
- Maintains follow-up communications with prospective students on an ongoing basis
- Utilizes the college’s database/CRM for prospective student communications and reporting efforts
- Assists in the organization of special admissions events & projects, both on campus and off-campus, including public presentations
- Meets regularly with department director to report and evaluate recruitment efforts
- Assists with student life events and activities as necessary
- Assists in the design and layout of marketing materials
- Assists Advisors with academic advising during peak registration periods
- Works closely with the Diversity Coordinator on recruitment initiatives and activities
- Must learn enough about the FAFSA to help prospective students navigate the process
- Operate within the framework established by CWC’s policies, procedures, and practices.
- Perform other reasonably related duties as directed or assigned.
Education: Associates degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Experience: One year of experience in working with high school students, adult students, recruiting students in a community college setting, or other related experience
Licenses/Certifications: Possess and maintain a valid State of Wyoming driver’s license and be insurable by the college’s insurance carrier.
Equivalency Statement: Equivalent combinations of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Experience: Two years of experience working to support individuals from diverse backgrounds, especially in higher education. Candidates who have experience recruiting in the higher education setting are highly desired. Bilingual language skills are also highly desired.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Skills using Microsoft Office, Google Applications and keyboarding.
- Knowledge of CWC Policies and Procedures or the ability to learn them.
- Knowledge of federal and state laws relating to higher education or the ability to learn them.
- Knowledge of the college’s integrated database software or the ability to learn it.
- Knowledge of CRM’s or the ability to learn them.
- Knowledge of e-mail marketing tools or the ability to learn.
- Ability to relate with a diverse population in a professional, courteous manner.
- Ability to drive long distances over long hours.
- Ability to work independently while supporting a team effort.
- Energetic presentation, strong communication, writing and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and follow multiple projects and tasks through to completion.
- Ability to effectively identify and resolve problems.
- Ability to manage time and other resources wisely.
Level of Supervision
This position operates with significant autonomy under the general supervision of the Director of Admissions
Reasonable accommodation will be extended to otherwise qualified individuals with a legally recognized disability.
- Equipment Used
- Work is performed using standard office equipment and requires the use of an automobile.
- Physical Requirements
- Sustained periods of sitting and standing, talking including expressing or exchanging ideas, walking or moving about to accomplish tasks. Work requires occasional lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds
- Environmental Conditions
- Work is performed in the office with substantial work outside of the office and requires frequent & extensive travel. Evening and/or weekend work is required.
CWC is an Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.
If you have a disability and would like to request accommodation to apply for a position, please call 307-855-2112 or email [email protected].
$39,690.00 – $44,651.00