Job Location: 2660 Peck Ave, Riverton, WY
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
**This position is open until filled with an initial application review date of May 24, 2021**
For full consideration please attach a current resume/CV and a Cover Letter. Resume/CV and Cover Letter can either be attached as a .docx or.pdf or listed in the space provided in the application. If documents are attached, just list “see attachment” in the space provided in the application. For assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 307-855-2112. **
Instructional faculty has the important responsibility of creating an innovative learning environment both inside and outside the classroom to inspire success and excellence in student learning. Instructional faculty members are also expected to adhere to professional standards and ethics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach various Cosmetology courses, programs and certificates.
- Provide an outcomes-based and interdisciplinary focused curriculum.
- Be student focused .
- Participate in student recruitment and community outreach efforts.
- Use innovative pedagogies and emerging technology to enhance learning.
- Promote a collaborative learning environment that extends beyond the traditional classroom.
- Keep current on degree requirements in order to advise students majoring in Cosmetology and related certificate programs.
- Assist in department and program budget development and compliance.
- Actively participate in annual and five year academic program review(s) including assessment of student learning at the course, program and institution levels.
- Assess and revise curriculum offerings which includes all curricular forms, including course syllabus, as necessary.
- Instructional competency including knowledge of Cosmetology, Nail Tech, Esthetician, and Barbering, and demonstrate the practice and expertise in performance, as well as an ability to evaluate student progress.
- Establishes an engaged and active Cosmetology program advisory board.
- Participates in college and university articulation conferences as required and attends department and division meetings
- Works with CWC BOCHES, Wind River Job Corps and high school counselors to recruit students offer concurrent and/or dual credit courses within the CWC service area if applicable.
- Share student information with other faculty and counselors when deemed appropriate, including progress reports, attendance records, etc.
- Post and maintain office hours.
- Represents division on college committees as required.
- Maintains student time sheets and records in accordance with Wyoming Board of Cosmetology requirements.
- Maintains procedures for the operation of the salon and serving clientele.
- Prepares and provides the college with inventory orders, and maintenance/equipment needs.
- Performs other reasonable or related duties as directed.
- Must have a current Wyoming Board of Cosmetology license.
- Must have a current Wyoming Board of Cosmetology license for Instructor.
- 3 years of directly related experience in the field of Cosmetology
- Must have a current Wyoming Board of Cosmetology license.
- Must have a current Wyoming Board of Cosmetology license for Instructor
- Equivalency Statement
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired may be considered on a case-by-case basis, as long as the above-required certifications may be obtained in an agreed-upon reasonable time.
- Customer service experience in a professional setting.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of discipline taught.
- Knowledge and understanding of curriculum development and assessment.
- Knowledge of various instructional pedagogies and technologies that enhance attainment of student learning outcomes.
- Commitment to exploring nontraditional approaches to education in a comprehensive community college atmosphere.
- Knowledge of CWC policies, procedures and practices.
- Excellent knowledge and demonstrable ability to use personal computer software, preferably Microsoft applications
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to relate to a broad range of students.
- Ability to promote a positive atmosphere of teamwork and cooperation both with the college and the community.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and follow multiple projects and tasks through to completion within established deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to effectively identify and resolve problems
- Ability to teach using technology in the classroom.
- Ability to maintain professional relationships with students, colleagues and supervisors.
- Ability to relate with a diverse population in a professional, helpful manner and be a team player.
- Ability to perform administrative/clerical duties such as: technical telephone usage, copying documents, learning new software programs, integrating Learning Management System into on-site and online classes, entering data—ex. grades, retention
- Ability to apply communications skills in the areas of composing, editing, listening, presentations.
Level of Supervision
Plans own time to meet predetermined schedules; work is subject to general supervision and review. Follows general instructions and directions and makes recommendations for own work and department area. Has some freedom of choice in approach to problems, methods of operations and the setting of goals and objectives.
Reasonable accommodation will be extended to otherwise qualify individuals with a legally recognized disability.
- Equipment Used
- Work is performed using all associated equipment and materials commonly used in Cosmetology to include; Esthetician, Nail Tech and Barbering.
- Physical Requirements
- Tasks require variety of physical activities, which do not generally involve muscular strain, such as walking, standing, stooping, sitting, reaching and light lifting. Tasks also require physical positioning of clientele and students, and periods of long standing. Regular talking, hearing and seeing required in the normal course of performing the job. Common eye, hand, finger dexterity required to perform some essential functions. Mental application utilizes memory for details, verbal instructions, emotional stability, discriminating thinking and creative problem solving.
- Environmental Conditions
- Work is primarily performed in the classroom, lab and salon and office setting. Evening and/or weekend work may be required. Travel, weekend and evening work may also be required to obtain required professional development. Hours will be variable depending upon course assignments, teaching load and student needs.
This position description is not intended, and should not be construed, to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required.
CWC is an Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.