Formal Education: Master’s degree in one or more of the following categories; Public Administration, School Administration, Special Education, or Early Childhood Education or a minimum of a bachelor’s degree plus 5 years work experience in one of the above-listed areas.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Knowledge of Public Law (I.D.E.A.) and the Wyoming Department of Special Education Chapter 7 Services for Children with Disabilities.
- Practical and administrative experience.
- Experience with fiscal management, fundraising, grant preparation and administration, and staff supervision.
- Assessment materials and ECSE curriculum
The Executive Director supervises, manages, and administers all functions of the program. He/she provides a comprehensive, coordinated early childhood/child care and special education/early intervention program in compliance with the goals and objectives of the Fremont County Child Developmental Services as well as state and federal rules and regulations pertaining to the services provided. The Executive Director also will ensure that the Board of Directors is fully informed of all aspects of the agency program. This is an exempt position under the Federal Fair Labor Standards Act.
Develop and implement the annual budget based on funds generated through federal, state, and local sources.
Implement service delivery systems.
- Keep abreast of personnel matters at all sites.
- Coordinate staff efforts to provide for smooth, comprehensive, high quality services to children and families.
- Plan and coordinate staff training.
- Handle employee concerns and grievances in the manner specified in the CDS Policies and Procedures.
- Accept resignations and make disciplinary decisions, including decisions to terminate employees.
- Recruit and hire employees as needed.
All positions are paid over 12 months and CDS has a great benefits package for full-time employees that include: Health, Vision, Dental, AFLAC, Life insurance, Teladoc, FSA (medical and Dependent care), Wyoming Retirement, and sick/personal.
More information on each opening is listed on our website www.cdsfc.org.
Closing date: until position filled
C.D.S. is an E.O.E.