Cause of Tuesday’s Fire in Lander Determined Accidental
(Lander, Wyo.) – According to a media release issued by LVFD Fire Chief Michael Coyne minutes ago, The Lander Volunteer Fire Department, with cooperation from the Wyoming State Fire Marshal’s Office, has concluded the investigation into the fire that occurred on August 1, 2017, at 201 Main Street. The cause of the fire is being ruled accidental due to a loose receptacle that caused a short in an upstairs apartment. The fire quickly spread throughout the upstairs and into a void space between two roofs. Due to structural instability and the threat of building collapse, the building demolition occurred quickly for public safety.