ATV fell through the ice on Boysen this weekend… good reminder to be safe out there
This #Headsup is brought to you by McDonald’s
According to a Facebook Post from Boysen State Park, 3 fishermen went through the ice in a 4 passenger Polaris Razor over the weekend. They were able to walk back to their camp and retrieve the vehicle later.
All ended well with this accident, but please be careful at all times on the ice! Wyoming Game and Fish shares these tips in an article on their website.
- Avoid driving any motorized vehicle on a frozen lake.
- Avoid ice fishing on rivers and or other moving water that has frozen over.
- Anglers should never fish alone; always fish with someone else.
- Remember to wear a lifejacket or personal flotation device and carry an ice pick.
- To prevent hypothermia if an ice fishing accident does occur, pack an extra set of clothes and hot liquids.