Central Wyoming College is excited to announce a new scholarship geared to help the not-so-traditional student.
Did you know that a growing number of CWC’s students fall into the Non-Traditional bucket? Many are returning to school after years in the workforce. Some recently completed their GED and others are hardworking singles with little ones at home.
It’s never too late to go back to school and in many cases, these ‘Non-Traditional Students’ excel in their schooling because they now have a clear vision of what they want to do with their life. They also have developed valuable life skills and the perseverance to succeed.
Central Wyoming College wants to support these dedicated individuals by offering a Non-Traditional Student Scholarship which will cover full tuition and general fees for a worthy candidate.
To qualify you must meet ANY of the criteria listed below:
- Delayed enrollment (meaning the student did not enter a post-secondary institution in the same calendar year they graduated high school)
- Attends part time for at least part of the academic year
- Works full time (35 hours or more per week) while enrolled
- Is considered financially independent for purposes of determining eligibility for financial aid
- Has dependents other than a spouse (usually children, but sometimes others)
- Is a single parent (either not married or legally separated and has dependents)
- Does not have a high school diploma (completed high school with a GED or other school completion certificate or did not finish high school)
So you qualify – Here’s where to begin:
- Students must meet with the CWC’s Director of Financial Aid
- Students must fill out a FAFSA
- Students must take at least 6 credits
*The scholarship is available on first come, first serve basis. So don’t delay!
If you’ve been waiting for an opportunity to return to school, this could be it. Contact CWC’s Director of Financial Aid at 307-855-2150 to start the process today!
Looking to start classes this semester? No problem, you still have time to apply. Take that first step and Make Your Way Here – cwc.edu
For more resources on how to pay for college, click here.