(Lander, WY) – Members of the Lander-based Popo Agie Pickleball Club came away from the recent Halloween Monster Smash at the Casper YMCA with a good bit of hardware.
There were many hard-fought matches during this tournament so the folks taking home medals really earned them, shared member Tom Varichak.
Players are skill rated from 1-5 for tournament play. Lander players are in bold.
- Eddie Lobatos and Mike Lobatos – Bronze, Men’s Doubles 2.5/3.0
- Sue Ransom and Jeri Trebelcock – Gold, Women’s Doubles 2.5/3.0
- Sue Ransom and Kerry Richardson – Silver, Mixed Doubles 2.5/3.0
- Shawna Pickinpaugh and Bill Diage – Silver, Mixed Doubles 3.5
- Nate Musser and Ann Myers – Gold, Mixed Doubles 4.5/5.0
- Nate Musser and Justin Pruis – Gold, Men’s Doubles 4.5/5.0
- Nate Musser – Silver, Men’s Singles 4.5/5.0
Pickleball was created in 1965 and has experienced explosive growth in the last 5-10 years with approximately 4.2 million players in the USA (2020) according to USA Pickleball.The game is played with a paddle and special wiffleball on a 20’x44’ court and combines elements of tennis, badminton, and table tennis in a fast-paced setting. The game is a great way for people of all ages to remain active and as competitive as they want to be.
The Popo Agie Pickleball Club is always looking for new members.Once the weather allows the club offers beginners’ classes that teach rules and basic strategy.However, individuals with a solid racquet/paddle sports background may be able to learn the rules and jump right in on a case-by-case basis.
Please call Tom at 307-851-5813 for more information.