(Fremont County, WY) – The Wyoming Cowboy Hall of Fame (WCHF) has selected 43 inductees for the Class of 2021. Among those are three Fremont County residents: Robert J Britain, Willis Gene Jordan, and Gerald Gene Korell.
The WCHF State Board of Directors voted on the nominees from across the state during its annual meeting on May 15th.
The induction ceremony will be at the Little America in Cheyenne, September 11-12. It is open to the public. The event will kick off the annual Wyoming Cowboy & Cowgirl Legacy Week, which was established by the Wyoming State Legislature in 2019.
Nominations were accepted from Dec 2020 through Feb 28, 2021. Regional committees in ten different areas of Wyoming researched, and scored over 70 nominations and sent the top 50 picks to the WCHF State Board of Directors.
Formed for historical, cultural, literary, and educational purposes, WCHF’s chief goal is “To preserve, promote, perpetuate, publish and document Wyoming’s working cowboy and ranching history through researching, profiling and honoring individuals who broke the first trails and introduced that culture to this state. WCHF plans to collect, display and preserve the stories, photos and artifacts of such individuals and anything else that will honor and highlight their contributions to our history.”
WCHF Class of 2021
- Campbell County: Sherry Reynolds, Don Hamm, Gary Thar
- Crook County: Frank Svalina, Straitor Clark
- Weston County: Violet Sedgwick
- Platte County: Sonny & Laura Pulver
- Niobrara County: C.R. Christensen
- Goshen County: Rod Schuppan, John Tim Sussex
- Laramie County: Robert C. Rabou, Russell “Bud” Hoffner
- Albany County: Day Atkinson, Don Rogers Sr.
- Natrona County: Francy Martin, Andy Van Patten
- Converse County: Jake Johnson, William Amspoker
- Sheridan County: No county selections
- Johnson County: Ken & Cheri Graves, James Leath, Jim Zimmerschied, Paul Berg
- Bighorn County: James Caines, Andrew Gifford, Eugene Bischoff
- Park County: Richard Skeen
- Carbon County: Robert Johnson
- Sweetwater County: Henry Huff Williams, Crystal Winder Youngberg
- Fremont County: Robert J Britain, Willis Gene Jordan, Gerald Gene Korell
- Hot Springs County: Clark Jackman, Leroy Schumway
- Uinta County: Marion Aimone
- Sublette County: Henry Hittle, Albert “Bud” Sommers, Bill Budd, Price Family – Alex, Clay, Doug, Clure Smith
- Teton County: Glen Taylor, William “Bill” Francis
The WCHF Board is comprised of one member from each of the state’s ten regions.
To learn more about the WCHF visit www.wyomingcowboyhalloffame.org.