The Wyoming Department of Education announced today, December 1st, the participating Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) organizations in Wyoming for 2020-21. Fremont County has 11 sites listed in the WDE announcement.
The program reimburses participating organizations for nutritious meals and snacks served to children in child care centers and family day care homes. The program teaches good eating habits and assures that well-balanced, nourishing meals are served in these participating centers.
The locations in Fremont County are as follows:
- Child Development Services of Fremont County/Lander Child Development Services.
- Child Development Services of Fremont County/Riverton Child Development Services.
- Eastern Shoshone & Northern Arapaho Birth to Five Head Start/ Ethete Head Start/Early Head Start.
- Eastern Shoshone & Northern Arapaho Birth to Five Head Start/Ft. Washakie Head Start/Early Head Start.
- Eastern Shoshone & Northern Arapaho Birth to Five Head Start/Great Plains Head Start/Early Head Start.
- Smart-Start Quality Care.
- World Cares Inc./Small World Children’s Center.
- Little Cougars – FCSD #6.
- Happy Kids Daycare.
- Absaroka Head Start/Lander Head Start.
- Absaroka Head Start/Riverton Head Start.
Organizations are reimbursed for meals provided to children who are up to 12 years of age. The same meals must be made available to all enrolled children at no separate charge regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age. There is no discrimination in the course of the meal service.
Centers are reimbursed for meals that are served at their center. Completing the income application helps the center receive meal reimbursement for the meals they serve.. Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR), foster children, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) and eligibility based on household income qualify for the meal claim reimbursements to the center as defined by the USDA Eligibility Guidelines.
For more information, contact Tamra Jackson, Wyoming Department of Education Nutrition Section at 307-777-6263 or [email protected].
The complete list of locations across Wyoming can be found here.