(Fremont County, WY) – Camping is so much fun, but most people enjoy doing it during summer. However, much like the year-round grillers, there are the year-round campers. No amount of snow or cold can stop us from doing what we love!
Did you know there are plenty of places right here in our backyard to winter camp?
Just recently Charene the Adventure Queen went up into the Wind River Canyon and rented a cabin with some friends. I found out it was super affordable and in a great location for friends and family. So where can you winter camp in Freemont County?
- Sinks Canyon State Park has yurts available for rent in the winter. Call Sinks Canyon State Park at 307-332-6333
- Upper Wind River Campground has multiple cabins that were newly built in the last few years. Find out more by clicking here.
- Rock Shop Inn in Lander has some great options open now to be able to rent. These are more upscale than the two mentioned above.
- Check out these awesome cabins in Dubois.
- This location is in Riverton on the Wind River. Maybe if you are in Lander or another surrounding area this is a short drive but far enough to make it a getaway. Check out more here.
Happy winter adventuring, Fremont County!