County 10 – Hiring Reporter – Fremont County
(Fremont County, Wyo.) – Over the last 5 years, County 10 and Pitchengine have revolutionized the media scene in Wyoming, and now there is a rare opportunity to join the most dynamic news reporting team in the state.
County 10 has an immediate opening for a full-time reporter to cover news and provide relevant information to its community of passionate users and readers.
Traditional skill sets might help, but as the tools that we use to share stories vary according to the requirements of the topic, we’re looking for the following:
- Can distill a topic to the atomic level and efficiently relay the most important elements to an audience.
- Comfortable with social video and photography.
- Can write quickly and cleanly, contributing 5-10 posts each day.
- Uses various social platforms to share content with communities.
- Currently an online social maven that knows how to engage and creatively share content and that already connects within the community – huge plus.
- Enterprising and independent.
- Owns projects.
- A passionate learner; you have a desire to be the expert about everything in the community.
- Knows how to ride for the brand. This is more than just a job and successful candidates are team players.
- Excited to innovate and experiment.
- Has outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Available to work nights and weekends as needed.
Life for our reporters is more than a little exciting:
We don’t do by-lines, investigations, or give our opinions to our community. We’re not in the business of deciding what the news is for our users.
Send your interest and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org