(Lander, Wyo.) – This past year Fremont County collected $634,000 from the lodging tax. While 75% of this is spent to market Wind River Country to tourists through the Wind River Visitors Council, the other 25% is given back to the communities where it is collected to help them do local promotions.
(Lander, Wyo.) – Thanks to Baldwin Creek Elementary School Principal Leslie Voxland for sharing these photos of students hard at work. She said the students were demonstrating excellent citizenship skills by helping to keep their school community clean. Keep up the good work, fourth- and fifth-graders!
(Laramie, Wyo.) – After just completing its second successful charity hunt, the Wyoming Women’s Antelope Hunt continues to lead the way as the first event of its kind for women, with many of the women receiving achievement awards, improving hunting skills and growing their connections. A Riverton woman, Christie Wildcat, was recognized with a Diana Award for shooting harvesting her first-ever big game.
(Boysen, Wyo.) – A single vehicle crash at the southern entrance to the Wind River Canyon is now being worked by the Wyoming Highway Patrol and the Fremont County Sheriff’s Office. A motorist who apparently was having a medical problem reportedly crashed into a guardrail near the tunnels near milepost 116. An ambulance has been summoned to the scene. It is not known if there is road blockage.
(Casper, Wyo.) – The winners of the Wyoming Business Council Agribusiness Division’s 7th Annual Agricultural Photo Contest have been chosen.
(Riverton, Wyo.) – A 48-year-old Riverton man was arrested on a charge of battery-domestic violence following a call to police at 11:43 a.m. Tuesday.