There’s plenty to do this weekend around the Wind River Country. Among the events on tap this weekend:
• All members and spouses of the Lander Valley High School Class of 1977 are invited to gather for dinner at the Cowfish at 5 p.m. on May 16, 2014, for cocktails and a no host dinner. Please rsvp to Scott Harnsberger at email@example.com or 332-1102.
• Jackson Elementary PAC in Riverton is hosting a Color Run May 16. Pre- Registration is encouraged to get the best prices and runner goodies! Pre-Registration Fees are $20 per Adult $10 Per youth 5-17 and Family/ group rate is $50 for 2 adults and 3 youth! Family Fun starts at 5:00pm and Race starts Promptly at 6:00pm!! For registration and more info contact firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by RENEW Fitness and pick one up!
• The 34th Annual Red Desert Audubon Wildlife Art Show opens at the Lander Art Center with a public reception from 6-8pm. This exhibition of local artists celebrates artwork depicting residential or migratory flora and fauna. Wyoming’s plants and wildlife inspires all generations to create artwork. The art making process has the ability to deeply connect the artist to the source of their inspiration. When the inspiration is our natural world, the artist translates what they observe and experience into a tangible and visual connection to that natural environment. Entrants are grouped by experience or age in four levels: professional, aspiring, youth ages 9 to 12, and youth 8 or under. This year there are entries in all four categories with 25 artists participating.
• CWC Commencement Exercises planned: Ralph A. Estell, Jr., Coker Lee Haukaas, Katie Jo Johnson, Brandon Kintzler, Rachel Inez Lamb, Amanda Michelle Norton, Shay Nikole Stanek, Tori Lynn Stanek and Mandy Lea Stowell graduate with highest honors and front the graduates who are participating in the Friday, May 16 commencement exercises in the Robert A. Peck Arts Center Theatre. The ceremony begins at 7:30 p.m. and is televised in Riverton and Lander on Rustler TV, cable channel 5.
• Now that the primary political season is officially underway, a “Meet and Greet” for Taylor Haynes, M.D., for Governor, Republican, Draw the Line Fundraiser Dinner and Auction is on tap Friday. The event begins at 5 p.m. for the meet and greet and 6 p.m. for the dinner at $10 per person. A question and answer session is also planned. For information, call Jennifer McCarty, 307-332-9102 or Fi Brewer at 307-587-4535.
• The Arbor Day/Armed Forces Day Celebration is Saturday at Veteran’s Park at 10 a.m. (Behind Riverton City Hall). Please join us to celebrate this special event! Poster contest winners will also receive their prizes at this time.
• A community fundraising event including a poker run and a barbecue sponsored by the Rocky Mountain Car Club, US Energy, and Bullington Trucking is on tap. Funds will be used to assist Shamay Bullington, a mother of two who is battling a non-curable disease called Ehlers-Danlons Syndrome. The disease can only be managed through supportive treatment, occupational and physical therapy and surgery. Events are open to the public. Registration for the poker run is at 11 a.m. at Arrowstar Storage, 210 East Monroe. The barbecue is at 3 p.m. at US Energy, 877 North 8th West. For more information, call Terri at 856-3020 or Shawn at 850-4288.
• Little Wind Archers 3D Shoot is on tap. Sign-in times: Saturday 9 a.m.to 2 p.m. and Sunday 9 a.m. to Noon. 4H kids serving lunch.
Registration fee is $15/single members, $30/family members, $20/single non-members, and $40/family non-members.
For more information, call Jim Parkins 851-9147, Mindy Supino 240-0439, or Shawna Wiggins 851-5312.
• The Riverton Country Club Ladies Golf Association Spring Luncheon and Golf Outing is on tap Saturday.