(Lander, Wyo) – Riverton boys look to extend a 5 year winning streak when they meet Lander on the fields at LVHS at 6:00 pm Tuesday night. However, that is only one of the exciting back-stories surrounding these games. Here are 6 reasons you can’t miss this opportunity to cheer on your team:
- For local fans and the little kickers in Fremont County, this is the best live soccer they can watch without driving 5 hours. Short of driving to Salt Lake City or Denver, these high school matchups feature some of Wyoming’s strongest high school soccer players.
- It’s been 2 years since these teams have squared off. The games were snowed out last year.
- LVHS Varsity girls are the #1 ranked 3A girls squad.
- This is Dan Howlett’s final cross-county match after 27 years as Head Coach at LVHS. Aside from Coach Howlett, only one other coach in Wyoming has been coaching since soccer was introduced as a high school sport in Wyoming in the mid 80’s.
- The highest scoring players in both 4A and 3A boys will be going head-to-head in the same match. (Tristan White, RIV & Kyle Leemon, LND)
- It’s Riverton versus Lander. Does it get more fun?
Varsity girls, and JV boys play at 4:00 pm, followed by the Varsity boys and JV girls at 6:00.