(Riverton, ) – Betsy Carver of Riverton won’t soon forget this lunch hour, unfortunately. When she left her class at the Styles School of Cosmetology at 611 East Main, her 1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass would not start. And then the engine compartment burst into flames. The vehicle had a full tank of gas, and was in the parking lot with other vehicles nearby.

The Riverton Volunteer Fire Department responded quickly and was there within minutes and extinguished the blaze, after forcing open the hood.

Carver said she had parked the car at 8 a.m. and went to class.

Photos by Ernie Over. Click to Enlarge.