(Cheyenne, Wyo.) – The holiday enforcement efforts by Troopers and cooperation from the motoring public appears to have experienced notable success with no highway fatalities reported across the State from Thanksgiving day Thursday thru Sunday evening.
Extra Troopers were allowed to work overtime either prior to or after their regular scheduled shifts over the holiday weekend. Troopers were determined to make the holiday weekend safe by high visibility enforcement and education on the States roadways.
The enforcement and criminal interdiction efforts by Troopers resulted in the following activities:
- A Trooper located one fugitive wanted on a nationwide felony warrant.
- Troopers located two individuals wanted on in-state Wyoming warrants.
- Three individuals arrested in two separate incidents for drug possession, 1 seizure which was over 70 pounds of marijuana packaged for distribution.
- Troopers located and arrested two drivers for driving while under the influence.
- Troopers handled 123 motorist assists and
- Troopers investigated 77 vehicle crashes.
In addition to the above efforts, in the Patrol’s telecommunications center dispatchers handled 3,108 emergency and non-emergency calls for service and dispatches for Troopers. The Wyoming Highway Patrol dispatch center also provides call taking and dispatch services to a number of other law enforcement agencies.
–Wyoming Highway Patrol