Fire damage in the rear of Mom’s Restaurant in Dubois. (June Bonasera photo)
(Dubois, Wyo.) – A fire was reported by a passerby at 11:29 p.m. Tuesday August 20th at 106 East Ramshorn Street, at “Mom’s Breakfast House” in Dubois. Three fire engines, one rescue truck and total of twelve Dubois Volunteer Fire Department personnel arrived on the scene and found the back portion of the restaurant involved in fire. The entry team attacked the fire from the rear kitchen area with an additional team knocking down the front door.
According to Dubois Fire Captain Mike Franchini, the fire was under control by 12:15 a.m. with the building sustaining “heavy heat and smoke damage throughout”. A call was placed for a fire investigator and after investigation it was reported that the fire was accidental. The cause was determined to be material stacked too close to a chest freezer blocking vents. Although the exterior of the structure seems undamaged, Franchini stated, “It appears that there was a substantial loss of equipment and fixtures” inside the restaurant.
Firefighters left the scene at 4 a.m.
This notice was posted on the restaurant’s Facebook page after the fire: “Due to an accidental fire that caused quite a bit of damage but thankfully no injuries, Mom’s will be closed until further notice. We have every intention of getting back up and running again as soon as we can. Please be patient with us as we figure out this whole process. Thank you to all of our patrons that have supported us. We hope to be serving you again soon.”